RE: RFC: btusb firmware load help

From: Johannes Berg
Date: Thu Oct 07 2010 - 13:59:25 EST

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 17:24 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> I am still trying to figure out if this is one stage firmware loading or
> a two stage firmware loading. This is all pretty unclear and nobody has
> answered this clearly so far.

afaict, it's just one stage -- either it has sflash and you load ath3k
firmware over it (the problematic 3002-before-loading case), or it
doesn't have any firmware (and comes up with 3000) and you load the same
ath3k firmware over it with a different mechanism, which currently
announces itself as 3002 but can be changed.

johannes