Re: [RFC] slub: Enable backtrace for create/delete points.

From: Ben Greear
Date: Wed Oct 06 2010 - 16:53:38 EST

On 10/06/2010 01:32 PM, Christoph Lameter wrote:
On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

This patch attempts to grab a backtrace for the creation
and deletion points of the slub object. When a fault is
detected, we can then get a better idea of where the item
was deleted.

We have had patches like that for SLAB in the past. The backtrace was
typically limited to 4 entries I believe.

Even 8 didn't show enough to be useful in my case, so I bumped it to 16,
but it would be easier to edit a #define than re-hack the entire
patch each time someone wanted such a thing...

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>