Re: -mm: xfs lockdep warning

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Tue Oct 05 2010 - 12:49:55 EST

Hello,

This is getting confusing.

On 10/05/2010 12:09 PM, Torsten Kaiser wrote:
> 2) the hang with 2.6.35-rc5 I have seen twice (triggered probably by
> high load while building KOffice on an tmpfs)

The trace doesn't seem to firmly point at xfs locking up. There are
md and dm crypt involved. Are you sure this is locking up inside xfs?
Also, can you please enable frame pointers so that we can get more
reliable backtrace?

> 3) the lockdep issue that started this thread and that I am seeing in
> mainline 2.6.36-rc5 and -rc6 and that seems to be rather easy to
> trigger for me.
>
> Because 3) is regarded as a false positive, it should not be the cause
> of 2)

For now, let's not draw any conclusion or mix the issues. I'll look
up the original thread and look into what the lockdep warning means.

Thanks.

--
tejun