Re: [tip:perf/urgent] perf, x86: Catch spurious interrupts afterdisabling counters

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Oct 04 2010 - 05:07:40 EST

> I haven't seen Andi's suggestion. But I am guessing he is suggesting
> adding a new chain that would be called first and where there would
> ONLY be the perf_event subsystem. To handle the spurious PMU

I was thinking of a separate NMI chain

(and longer term really splitting the die chains into separate chains,
that would solve other problems e.g. with page fault performance
too)

Possibly that NMI chain could be split up too, but not sure
this is really needed.

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.