Re: RFC: MTU for serving NFS on Infiniband

From: Marc Aurele La France
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 14:59:52 EST

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
I do want to thank you, however, for reminding me of TCP. It's something 20/20 hindsight says I should have checked out before starting this thread. Logistically, it'll be a few days before I can do so though. If that allows me to increase the MTU all the way up to 65520, then this UDP thing will likely remain unresolved.

Just to close off on this. It's been a few weeks now, but moving to NFS over TCP allows me to increase the MTU all the way up to 65520 without issues.

Thanks for the help.

Marc.

| Marc Aurele La France | work: 1-780-492-9310 |
| Academic Information and | fax: 1-780-492-1729 |
| Communications Technologies | email: tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| 352 General Services Building +----------------------------------+
| University of Alberta | |
| Edmonton, Alberta | Standard disclaimers apply |
| T6G 2H1 | |
| CANADA | |