Re: Packet time delays on multi-core systems

From: Alexey Vlasov
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 08:32:50 EST

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:45:21PM +0200, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> But if you send SYN packets in the same time, (logged), this might
> slow
> down the reception (and answers) of ICMP frames. LOG target can be
> quite
> expensive...

Yes, it's clear that some slow down can appear, but 100 ms is too much,
and this happens at 200 SYN packets in 2 minutes just as in my example.
On old servers where some tx/rx are missing in NIC card I don't see
such a situation even at more then 1000 SYN-packets per sec.

> Is using other rules gives same problem ?
>
> iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 --tcp-flags

No, only LOG gives such a scheme.

--
BRGDS. Alexey Vlasov.