Re: Linux 2.6.35.6

From: tmhikaru
Date: Wed Sep 29 2010 - 21:33:21 EST

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 01:52:48PM +0200, Florian Mickler wrote:
> In all cases, you can simply do the bisection based on the 'load
> average' criteria and then later check if the changeset that you've
> found that way also influences the kernel compile times.
Works for me.

> Out of curiosity, what region are you circling in?
git log says I'm at
commit e7858f52a5cb868289a72264534a1f05f3340c6c
Merge: 27a9da6 bbf1bb3
Author: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat May 8 18:11:19 2010 +0200

Merge branch 'cpu_stop' of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/misc into sched/core

but I don't know if this is the right command. I'm almost entirely a novice
at git... Anyway, I haven't tested if this particular commit works yet, I'll
be rebooting after I send this email.

> One could also just use awk for this. ( awk '{print $1}' /proc/loadavg)
Thanks for explaining what it's doing. I assume if I wanted to use the third
argument I'd use
awk '{print $3}' /proc/loadavg
correct? I think I'll be using that since it'll give me a better clue if
loads are consistently high over a long period, as well as make the loadavg
graph less prone to jitter.

Thank you,
Tim McGrath