Re: linux-next: manual merge of the bkl-llseek tree with the infiniband tree

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Wed Sep 29 2010 - 08:00:05 EST

On Wednesday 29 September 2010, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the bkl-llseek tree got a conflict in
> drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/device.c between commit
> 9e8d1fa3420f489da8a5da47c026511aa71fa50b ("RDMA/cxgb4: debugfs files for
> dumping active stags") from the infiniband tree and commit
> 9711569d06e7df5f02a943fc4138fb152526e719 ("llseek: automatically
> add .llseek fop") from the bkl-llseek tree.
>
> The former added a whole new file_operations (and changed some
> context) ... I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary.

Looks fine, thanks!

Steve, Roland:

Would you mind adding an appropriate .llseek method to your file operations
so I can drop the change from my tree?

The default_llseek function is used because the read function can currently
be seeked, but I do not know whether that is intentional. If you don't want
to seek, just make open() call nonseekable_open() and set .llseek to no_llseek.

Arnd