Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the final tree (net tree related)

From: Ohad Ben-Cohen
Date: Mon Sep 27 2010 - 14:39:17 EST

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 8:25 PM, John W. Linville
<linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> BTW, if this fuglet going to work if the driver is built modular?
>>
>> The idea of this things seems to be to allow arch platform code to call
>> into it to set things.  Such calls from arch platform code are going
>> to be "obj-y"
>>
>> So if this is built into the modular driver, I can't see how it
>> can work.
>
> Dave is right -- these Kconfig dependencies (or lack thereof) seem
> to be wrong.

This is why I had to put it in drivers/net/wireless/Makefile (in both
the original patch and in the fix I sent earlier) and not in
drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx/Makefile (as it was in the fix that Dave
was referring to).

This way it works with a modular driver.