Re: PROBLEM: GPT partition table + RAID: kernel could not load initwhile root filesystem is mounted

From: Mariusz Bialonczyk
Date: Fri Sep 24 2010 - 18:03:46 EST

On 09/19/2010 12:17 AM, Mariusz Bialonczyk wrote:
after some investigation i am almost sure that the problem is with
kernel_execve()

... and i was damn wrong!
I put a lot of debug printf's inside init and i must admit that INIT is
launched correctly! So i think it's not a kernel problem here because it
successfully starting init, sorry for bothering you, guys :(
I also bisected the place where init stops and it totally freezes when
calling: close(2). I was also testing upstart with same hung results
(upstart it also closing stderr).
Sorry for little off-topic question: Maybe you know why sysvinit and
upstart cannot close stderr when booting md from GPT partition table?
grub2 problem?

regards
--
Mariusz Bialonczyk