Re: [RFC 5/6] x86, NMI, Add support to notify hardware error withunknown NMI

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Tue Sep 14 2010 - 15:37:52 EST

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 02:21:31PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> The proper approach would be not to add hacks to the NMI code but to
> implement southbridge drivers - which would also have NMI callbacks.
> These are unchartered waters, but variance in that space is reducing
> systematically so it would be worth a shot.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ingo

Hi Ingo,

while there is a conversation about makeing NMI handler robust/modern or
whatever, I think the naming Huang has implemented for NMI Stat&Ctrl
registers/ports look quite good and convenient (I thought about this times
ago when being merging nmi-32/64 code but didn't implemented it properly).
So I presume perhaps we could merge this snippets first? Or I miss something
on discussion in general?

-- Cyrill