Re: [RFC 5/6] x86, NMI, Add support to notify hardware error with unknown NMI

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Sep 14 2010 - 13:55:22 EST

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:48:13 +0200, Andi Kleen said:

> It's already implemented for MCE and it works on servers.

I'm OK with snarfing up some NVRAM, as long as we have some way to check "yes,
there are NN bytes of NVRAM architected for our use".

Did I miss the memo where it says "This code will only run on chipsets that
have architected nvram space for this sort of use"? Wouldn't be the first time
I've misunderstood what code is really doing. ;)