Re: [RFC 5/6] x86, NMI, Add support to notify hardware error withunknown NMI

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Sep 14 2010 - 13:41:01 EST

> From what someone explained to me, the only platform that implements
> AER correctly is Nehalem based ones. So for AMD and Intel Core
> arches, AER is not expected to work. Is that incorrect?

At least for Intel it's definitely not true. AER goes back a
lot of generations, pretty much all that support PCI Express.

There were some bugs in it of course and some workarounds needed, but
no show stoppers in any particular part to my knowledge.

Haven't kept fully track of AMD systems recently, but would surprise
me if it was the case on AMD either.

This applies to servers. On clients AER is more spotty
and various simply don't have it.

-Andi
--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.