Re: [34-stable regression] USB delay init quirk causes device eventsloss

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Mon Sep 13 2010 - 10:23:28 EST

On 09/13/2010 04:16 PM, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2010, Jiri Slaby wrote:
>> The problem is that the patch shuffles with usb_detect_quirks which used
>> to disable autosuspend by default. Apparently it no longer does.
>
> I don't see how that patch could have the effect you claim.
> usb_detect_quirks still calls usb_disable_autosuspend. Can you do a
> little more debugging to find out why it isn't working as expected?
> Reverting the commit is not a good solution.

Ok, I could, but I have a near-zero knowledge about usb core stuff. What
I see is that usb_detect_quirks moved from usb_new_device to
hub_port_connect_change. Might that be that there are broken devices
which doesn't generate state changes properly?

In other words, what I could do is to add some printks into
hub_port_connect_change if that's called at all. If you need some
thorough debugging printks, please send me a patch to test instead.

thanks,
--
js
suse labs