Re: after closing the lid and reopening it the screen remains blank

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Fri Sep 10 2010 - 20:48:00 EST

Hi Andy,

On Fr, 10 Sep 2010, Andy Isaacson wrote:
> > I never said that it has anything to do with suspend to ram.
>
> Ah, sorry for misunderstanding. My GM45 system is configured to
> automatically S2R on lid close so I tend to conflate the two...

Mine, too, but not when running on AC.

> Do try the current tip and/or describe which post-rc3 kernel fails for

current tip works fine. It seems that I was hit by one of the fixes
I found in the git log fixed after the build I did
(drm/i915: Prevent double dpms on, or drm/i915: Clear the vblank status
bit before polling for the next vblank)

> Thanks for reporting the regression, it'll be good to get it fixed ASAP.

Seems to be already fixed. Sorry for not testing the tip first.

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094