perf events over (net) console?

From: Harald Gustafsson
Date: Thu Sep 09 2010 - 07:06:41 EST

Hi,

We would like to monitor the perf events continuously on a remote
machine. Does it exist a solution (in the kernel) to direct the output
to a console or maybe even a netconsole? We would like to avoid a user
space application to transfer it, due to that the machine will be
running a test which will heavily load it and we want to avoid as many
unrelated user space tasks as possible. If not mainlined does anyone
have a patch for this?

Our purpose is to visualize task's CPU utilization and a few other
events like CPU frequency changes etc in realtime on the remote
machine.

Regards,
Harald Gustafsson