Re: asus-laptop kill wifi when initital

From: Corentin Chary
Date: Thu Sep 09 2010 - 03:52:29 EST

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Ike Panhc <ike.pan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a report[1] that user has to blacklist the asus-laptop otherwise wifi
> can not work. I copied asus-laptop.c from 2.6.32 kernel and remove two
> lines[2] that set WLED/BLED on. The modified driver works fine.
>
> User uses 2.6.32 based kernel and when 2.6.34, a module parameter
> "wifi_status" is added[3] to let user choose what he want to do on WLED/BLED
> when initial. So I guess there are some reports tells the parameter for
> WLED/BLED maybe changed. Since the default action is still on because some
> machine need to enable WLED/BLED when booting. Any idea for the future
> change? For example telling user add an options on /etc/modprobe.d, or try
> to have a list of machine that not to set WLED/BLED to 1 when booting?

You can help me fill the acpi4asus wiki [1]. If we manage to get a real
list of laptop where we should not write in WLED/BLED, then we can
try to implement a black list.

WLED/BLED/WAPF never worked well, mainly because the behavior
seems to be completly inconsistant between laptops. You may try to
ask Asus about that, but they never answered to me :/. But again, the
wiki could help us, we just need to find out how HWRS, RSTS, SFUN
and WAPF really work.

[1] http://dev.iksaif.net/projects/acpi4asus/wiki

--
Corentin Chary