Re: Voltage/current/sensor monitoring interface and Wiegand

From: Stuart Longland
Date: Thu Sep 09 2010 - 01:02:04 EST

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 02:48:26PM +1200, Ryan Mallon wrote:
> On 09/09/2010 12:02 PM, Stuart Longland wrote:
> > How are voltage *monitors* normally written? (note, not voltage
> > *regulators*... this thing does not alter the voltage rails.) I tried
> > to make sense of lm-sensors, but that seems very ad-hoc (maybe I missed
> > some document that explains it) to me. It's hard to be clear on what is
> > the *right* way to report a voltage or current reading to userspace.
>
> Depending on your particular application it might make sense to use the
> power supply class (see Documentation/power/power_supply_class.txt) for
> the voltage/current monitoring. If the temperature sensor is related to
> a power supply monitor, then it could also go there.

Ahh okay, I'll have a look there.. The temperature isn't related to the
power supply, so I might continue a searchfor its rightful place, but
that class of devices seems like a good fit.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL) .'''.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer '.'` :

I haven't lost my mind...
...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.