Re: [GIT PULL] ocfs2 fixes for 2.6.36.

From: Tao Ma
Date: Wed Sep 08 2010 - 02:50:15 EST

Hi Linus,

On 09/08/2010 10:19 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Joel Becker<boel.becker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here are the ocfs2 fixes we have ready for pulling right now. I
have a bit of a procedural question, though. I've been busy, so Tao was
kind enough to take the fixes I already had and apply all the new fixes.
He coordinated testing them and getting them ready to go upstream.
That's why I have his git tree in the pull request below.
I wasn't sure how the signoffs work for this. He's got signoffs
on the stuff he put together, because it's coming through his tree. My
naive assumption is that this is the correct way to go.

The sign-off chain should basically stretch from the author to the
committer - so a good sign-off chain is one where the first sign-off
matches the author of the commit, and the last sign-off matches the
committer, and the ones in the middle are obviously the path it took
from one to the other.

However, Tao has *NOT* added sign-offs to the patches he's taken. I
didn't look at all of them, but the first few commits are all authored
(and signed off on - so far so good) by Mark Fasheh, but there is no
sign-off for Tao. So the sign-off chain is clearly not complete.
sorry for the trouble. This is the first time for me to collect patches for a mainline upstream.
So I have added my sign-off to all the patches whose author isn't me to indicate that I am the committer. Hope it works. please pull
git://oss.oracle.com/git/tma/linux-2.6.git fixes

REgards,
Tao