Re: [fuse-devel] ionice and FUSE-based filesystems?

From: Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2010 - 14:06:20 EST

I also wanna know this!!

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
Cloud.com, Inc. -- http://www.cloud.com

On Sep 2, 2010, at 13:37, Chris Friesen <chris.friesen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm curious about the limits of using ionice with multiple layers of
filesystems and devices.

In particular, we have a scenario with a FUSE-based filesystem running
on top of xfs on top of LVM, on top of software RAID, on top of spinning
disks. (Something like that, anyways.) The IO scheduler is CFQ.

In the above scenario would you expect the IO nice value of the writes
done by a task to be propagated all the way down to the disk writes? Or
would they get stripped off at some point?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Friesen