Re: [RFC] Fix typos

From: Phillip Lougher
Date: Thu Sep 02 2010 - 22:29:59 EST

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Lucas De Marchi
<lucas.de.marchi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 16:18, Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'm not so sure about "is rose up" being better.  and what about "ar"?
>
> I'm only changing words with 3 chars or more, because otherwise I
> would have a lot of false positives, but I think I can add this word
> without much trouble.

The problem with "ar" is it is too short to know for certain what it
should be... "ar" though likely a typo for "are" could also be a typo
for e.g. "arm", "arc", "arg", "ark", and "arp".

Perhaps in this and similar cases the script should flag these errors
for human attention rather than automatically fixing them.

Phillip