Re: 3w-9xxx: scsi0: WARNING: (0x06:0x0037): Character ioctl (0x108)timed out, resetting card.

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Thu Sep 02 2010 - 10:29:38 EST

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010, adam radford wrote:

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could the lock/unlock be causing the issue?
Again, in 2.6.34, there are no latency problems or controller resets.

Justin,

We are looking into this issue and should get back to you soon.

The lock/unlock() kernel calls were not added by me but were part of a
series of 'BKL pushdown' patches added by someone to all drivers with
an ioctl interface. If you think those might be related to your
issue, you could try
removing those 2 lines of code and recompiling.

If you haven't already, please email you kernel .config files for both
the working kernel and non working kernel to the 3ware/LSI support
people you are in contact with.

Thanks.

-Adam

I spoke too fast, it also happens with the 2.6.34 driver under 2.6.35.
I will have to research this more, until then I'll stick with 2.6.34.

Justin.