Re: 3w-9xxx: scsi0: WARNING: (0x06:0x0037): Character ioctl (0x108)timed out, resetting card.

From: adam radford
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 20:25:27 EST

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could the lock/unlock be causing the issue?
> Again, in 2.6.34, there are no latency problems or controller resets.

Justin,

We are looking into this issue and should get back to you soon.

The lock/unlock() kernel calls were not added by me but were part of a
series of 'BKL pushdown' patches added by someone to all drivers with
an ioctl interface. If you think those might be related to your
issue, you could try
removing those 2 lines of code and recompiling.

If you haven't already, please email you kernel .config files for both
the working kernel and non working kernel to the 3ware/LSI support
people you are in contact with.

Thanks.

-Adam