Re: selinux vs devtmpfs (vs udev)

From: Kay Sievers
Date: Wed Sep 01 2010 - 13:59:45 EST

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 18:08, Stephen Smalley <stephen.smalley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maybe we should back up and ask the udev folks how they think libvirt
> labeling should be done so as to not conflict with udev labeling, e.g.
> should libvirt be going through udev to assign the labels.

The current idea is that udev only labels the device on bootup once,
or when a new device is discovered, and never changes it again (unless
someone will synthesize 'add' events, which should not happen).

The behavior described in the initial bug is just a plain udev bug.
With the fix Harald put in, it should behave as described above. That
can all be changed though, if needed, and if something else makes
sense.

Kay