Re: lockdep false positive? -- firewire-core transaction timer vs.scsi-core host lock

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Wed Aug 18 2010 - 04:10:20 EST

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> firewire: core: do not use del_timer_sync() in interrupt context
>
> Because we might be in interrupt context, replace del_timer_sync() with
> del_timer().

Again, is the term "interrupt contexts" meant to include softIRQ contexts?

(Nothing in firewire-core/-sbp2/-net etc. is called in hardware
interrupts. BTW, we actually could and maybe should change all the
spinlocks in them from spin_lock_irq to spin_lock_bh. Only
firewire-ohci's local ohci->lock needs to be IRQ safe. OTOH this could
change if somebody comes up with a migration of the stack to threaded
IRQ handling.)
--
Stefan Richter