Re: tasks getting stuck on mmap_sem?

From: Michel Lespinasse
Date: Tue Aug 17 2010 - 17:47:18 EST

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh, and it strikes me when looking at the sparc rwsem-const.h that it
> has some unsigned constants in it. I think
>
>  #define RWSEM_WAITING_BIAS              0xffff0000
>
> is actually unsigned, because it's a hex constant that doesn't fit in
> a signed int. So it's of type 'unsigned int' if I recall the C type
> rules right.

Eeeek, this totally escaped me when I had a quick look at constant
signed-ness across architectures. This is definitely a problem.

> #define RWSEM_WAITING_BIAS (-0x00010000)

David, do you still see failures with v2.6.36-rc1 plus that one line fix ?

--
Michel "Walken" Lespinasse
A program is never fully debugged until the last user dies.