Re: [2.6.35-rc6 patch] increase kmemleak robustness at boot

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Sat Jul 31 2010 - 05:43:25 EST

Catalin Marinas wrote:
Right. I guess the required earlylog buffer size would be smaller if
we initialized kmemleak earlier. Can we do that in mm_init() after
kmem_cache_init()?

Kmemleak uses kmem_cache_alloc() internally so we could initialise it
as soon as kmem_cache_init() was called. But it's really strange the
amount of early allocations that Daniel is getting. I've been happy so
far with 400, usually with standard Ubuntu-like configs and some
debugging turned on. Any idea what's causing these allocations?

No idea. I wonder if kmemleak can dump out the call-sites for the overflow case somehow to see what's going on?

Pekka