Re: [2.6.35-rc6 patch] increase kmemleak robustness at boot

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Thu Jul 29 2010 - 11:13:10 EST

Daniel J Blueman wrote:
I would rather change the static early alloc buffer with something
like bootmem allocation (the recursiveness should be bound, kmemleak
tracks bootmem allocations as well). But I'm on holiday until middle
of August and not able to do any tests in this area.

Indeed, moving to dynamic early allocation is all the more better. For
now, I'll increase the early allocation to 15200 elements, as the
400-entry buffer wraps 38.

If it's just kmemleak_init() we're talking about, slab caches are up at that point so you can just use kmalloc().