Re: [alsa-devel] Regression 2.6.35-rc6: ALSA Intel HDA/Realtek: missing Beep

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Thu Jul 29 2010 - 01:44:50 EST

At Wed, 28 Jul 2010 23:27:46 +0200,
Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe wrote:

> [1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 06:03:29PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > I wrote:
> > > It's because now the driver checks the SSID your board sets up.
> > > So, it's actually BIOS that clears it.
>
> But the BIOS itself beeps through the sound-card at boot :/

But BIOS tells that the HD-audio codec shouldn't use, so the driver
follows it.

> > Or, does the following patch fix? It's already in sound git tree,
>
> Nope, unfortunately it doesn't. Still no Beep controls, no beep through
> sound-card.
>
> May I somehow provide any further data?

Please give alsa-info.sh output instead of codec proc file. It's more
comprehensive.

> Or am I somehow able to tweak it? Is there a module parameter to set
> this SSID bit? I mean, it did work before... :)

With the patch below, you'll likely have back the system beep sound.
But it doesn't go through codec, thus no volume control.

thanks,

Takashi

---