Re: Small typo in kernel [current source from git] .config option

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Tue Jul 27 2010 - 12:45:53 EST

On 07/27/2010 09:35 AM, trapDoor wrote:
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Justin P. Mattock
<justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/27/2010 07:46 AM, trapDoor wrote:

Hello,
I've just got lucky and found this little typo under "Power management
and ACPI options" ---> "ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power
Interface) Support":
hArdware Error Device

Here is my fix:
Hardware Error Device
:)

BTW, first time I've used nconfig instead of menuconfig. And I like it.

probably should create a patch, and send it to trivial@xxxxxxxxxx

Justin P. Mattock

Sure, but I don't know which script generates that part of config and
... how to do the patch :| (Sorry, I'm not even a greenhorn on the
programming field).
Just cc-eding trivial@xxxxxxxxxx for now ..

That's alright.. I'm still a newbie over here...

read Documentation/SubmittingPatches

there the instructions on how to create a perfect patch is there.
then when done make sure you use scripts/checkpatch to check you patch then when all good use scripts/getmaintainer.pl to find the appropriate people to send it too.

and voila you'll be sending patches to the kernel like there's no tomorrow...

Justin P. Mattock