Re: GCOV doesn't seem to work on ARM with kernel 2.6.35-rc6

From: Karol Lewandowski
Date: Tue Jul 27 2010 - 03:35:18 EST

On 07/26/2010 06:57 PM, Peter Oberparleiter wrote:
Karol Lewandowski wrote:
On 07/26/2010 12:32 PM, Karol Lewandowski wrote:
I'm trying to use code coverage measurements with mainline Linux kernel
2.6.35-rc6 on ARM platform (specifically on Samsung's S5PC110 board).
I just tested gcov support for 2.6.35-rc6 on s390 and it works without
a problem. My assumption would be that you are using an EABI-GCC to
compile your kernel. Those compilers name their constructor symbols

Exactly.

differently than the vanilla GCC so that the whole constructor calling
mechanism on which the gcov support relies, will fail. If that is
indeed the case, the following testing patch should solve your
problem:

Yes, that was the case and your patch indeed solved my problem.

Thank you very much for your help!