Re: PROBLEM: oom killer and swap weirdness on 2.6.3* kernels

From: dave b
Date: Tue Jul 27 2010 - 00:50:16 EST

On 27 July 2010 14:46, KOSAKI Motohiro <kosaki.motohiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to, it's been two months and
>> > you're using a new kernel and now you're saying that the oom killer isn't
>> > being utilized when the original problem statement was that it was killing
>> > things inappropriately?
>>
>> Sorry about the timespan :(
>> Well actually it is the same issue. Originally the oom killer wasn't
>> being invoked and now the problem is still it isn't invoked - it
>> doesn't come and kill things - my desktop just sits :)
>> I have since replaced the hard disk - which I thought could be the
>> issue. I am thinking that because I have shared graphics not using KMS
>> - with intel graphics - this may be the root of the cause.
>
> Do you mean the issue will be gone if disabling intel graphics?
> if so, we need intel graphics driver folks help. sorry, linux-mm folks don't
> know intel graphics detail.

Well the only other system I have running the 2.6.34.1 kernel atm is
an arm based system.
I originally sent this to the kernel list and was told I should
probably forward it to the mm list.
It may be a general issue or it could just be specific :)

--
"Not Hercules could have knock'd out his brains, for he had none." --
Shakespeare