Re: linux-next: OOPS at boot time

From: Jan Kara
Date: Wed Jul 21 2010 - 08:20:13 EST

On Tue 20-07-10 17:44:24, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:45:25 +1000
> This isn't necessarily a problem in the quota code (setting aside the
> question: why the heck does dquot_free_space() set I_DIRTY_PAGES??).
Because sometime in the dark past (2.4 days I believe), I used
mark_inode_dirty in quota functions (not sure whether there even were
different inode dirty flags back then) and it stayed this way upto now.
mark_inode_dirty_sync() is of course more appropriate for quota code these
days. Cleanup is on its way...

Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>