Re: [patch 2/2] x86 NMI-safe INT3 and Page Fault

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Fri Jul 16 2010 - 14:30:30 EST

On 07/16/2010 09:17 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

I think the concern here is about an NMI handler's code running in
vmalloc space, or is it something else?

Code or data, yes; including percpu data.

Use kmalloc and percpu pointers, it's not that onerous.

Oh, and you can access vmalloc space by switching cr3 temporarily to init_mm's, no? Obviously not a very performant solution, at least without PCIDs, but can be used if needed.

signature is too narrow to contain.