Re: kmemleak, cpu usage jump out of nowhere

From: Zeno Davatz
Date: Fri Jul 16 2010 - 05:18:09 EST

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Zeno Davatz <zdavatz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Let me know if you need more help with this.
>>
>> The next RC again hangs on me:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/zrr/4798744700/sizes/l/
>
> Doesn't look like a kernel bug to me. Maybe some Gentoo person knows
> better but the 'root' parameter you pass to the kernel in your lilo
> configuration looks a little strange. You should try passing
> "/dev/sdXX" to it where XX is whatever partition your root filesystems
> is on.

This version has some problem with the DRM but no CPU eater yet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zrr/4798885756/

This version boots again just fine:

Linux zenogentoo 2.6.34-rc5-00059-gc2b4127 #105 SMP Fri Jul 16
11:13:21 CEST 2010 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

As I understand I am bisecting upwards. Every time it does not boot
correctly I do

git bisect bad after the next boot.

Best
Zeno