Re: linux-next: Tree for July 7

From: Dave Chinner
Date: Thu Jul 15 2010 - 03:20:03 EST

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 12:12:37PM +1000, Dave Chinner wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 05:53:45PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> > > What filesystem(s) are you seeing this on?
> >
> > ext3 at least.
> >
> > > Any particular workload that triggers it?
> >
> > Booting FC6 :( I get an enormous storm of these things.
> >
> > whee, progress!
> >
> > With Rusty's patch for the modules bug, and reverting Greg
> > Vandal-Hartman's "driver core: remove CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED" and
> > deleting the BUG_ON from generic_delete_inode(), I have a login prompt!
> > Admittedly I don't have any networking any more, but that seems a
> > minor quibble.
>
> I just booted an unmodified current linux-next tree with my standard
> config and it's come up on an ext3 root and running xfsqa on XFS
> without any problems so far. I'm going to try your config from your
> original bug report and see if that generates the problem...

I've had a couple of VMs running all afternoon trying to trigger
this on current linux-next kernels and different filesystems, but I
have not seen any problems. So I'm afraid I'm can't do much to help
you solve the problem right now, Andrew. Do you have any ideas that
might help reproduce it?

Cheers,

Dave.
--