Re: kmemleak, cpu usage jump out of nowhere

From: Damien Wyart
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 04:40:10 EST

Hi,

* Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2010-07-14 11:05]:
> Why did you enable CONFIG_DEBUG_KMEMLEAK? Memory leak scanning is
> likely the source of these pauses.

I am seeing the same problem with a Core i7 920 and 2.6.35-rc5, and I do
not have CONFIG_DEBUG_KMEMLEAK enabled, so I think this is not related.

I do not see anything special in the logs, just the load becoming mad
and almost preventing ssh access. I've been seeing that since the first
2.6.35 rc I tested (-rc2 or -rc3, I don't remember) and I did not have
time to report it before but I was surprised nobody else did. No problem
with 2.6.34 and 2.6.34.1.

--
Damien