mmu notifier calls in apply_to_page_range()

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Fri Jul 09 2010 - 11:06:25 EST

I just noticed that the original mmu notifier change (cddb8a5c14a) adds
calls to mmu_notifier_invalidate_range_start/end to
apply_to_page_range(). This doesn't seem correct to me, since
apply_to_page_range can perform arbitrary operations to the range of
pages, not just invalidation of the pages. It seems to me that the
appropriate mmu notifiers should be called either around the call to
apply_to_page_range(), or from within the callback function.

Andrea, what's the rationale for mmu_notifier_invalidate_range_start/end
here?

Thanks,