Kernel changelog view by categories (web-script)

From: Igor Zhbanov
Date: Wed Jul 07 2010 - 18:48:34 EST

Hello!

I have written a small program that displays the Linux Kernel changelog
in a categorized way allowing to inspect only the changes under
the categories you are interested in. This makes reading
a big changelog for a new kernel less difficult.

The program is written in PHP. You can test it here:
http://i.clusteron.ru/clv.php

In the URL field of the form you should enter the URL of the changelog
you want to view. E.g.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.34.1

After the page is loaded you can fold/unfold categories by clicking
[+] or category name.
You need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

The program is under GPLv2 license. So you can install it on your site.

You can download the source from http://i.clusteron.ru/clv.php.txt
ReadMe: http://i.clusteron.ru/clv_install.txt

Perhaps the program could be integrated in kernel.org site.
I think that viewing changelog by categories of changes is useful.

Probably some guidelines for changelog categories naming should be implemented.