Re: [regression] Crash in wb_clear_pending()

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Jul 05 2010 - 19:35:12 EST

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Absent a small fix, and given that the big fix has a lot more testing than
> any new patch might, in this case the quickie might be undesirable.
> Particularly since posters here seem sure that code will be replaced in the
> next version anyway, and lightly tested patch to obsolete code is actually
> less conservative.

I have to agree. Especially as the "big patch" just removes the
fragile code that caused the problem in the first place. So in this
case I do suspect that the bigger patch ends up being the safer one.

But I obviously don't actually see the problem, so it would be good to
get confirmation that Christoph's patch actually fixes things first.
Ingo, does the one in this thread apply for you?

Linus