Re: Drives missing at boot

From: Stan Hoeppner
Date: Sat Jul 03 2010 - 15:03:21 EST

Mark Knecht put forth on 7/3/2010 11:06 AM:

>>> I have a newish machine - maybe 3 months old - which unreliably
>>> finds its disk drives at each boot. Probably 40% of the time booting 1
>>> or more drives will be missing.

Please provide the make/model of the PC. If it's whitebox or DIY please
provide make/model of PSU, mobo and CPU. How many USB peripherals are powered
by the PC? Are you powering a water cooling loop pump from the PC's power
supply? Is this PC in a temperature controlled environment (A/C)?

--
Stan