Re: Regression: ps2mouse not working in 2.6.34

From: Mark Lord
Date: Mon Jun 28 2010 - 12:34:37 EST

On 28/06/10 12:04 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
Okay, who broke it, and how do I re-enable it?

The PS/2 mice on my systems here don't do anything with 2.6.34.
One system complains that I need to boot with i8042.nopnp to enable it,
which I also tried, but still nogo. Same behaviour with or without
/dev/psaux enabled. 64-bit kernel.

The other system, running older userspace, hangs at the X-server startup
because it cannot find the mouse. No i8042 warnings. 32-bit kernel.

Both systems working fine with older kernels.
Google finds lots of other people discovering the same problem.

What gives?
..

Mmmm.. the problem started for some people with 2.6.32:

That thread has a suggestion that perhaps
"the kernel fails to properly set the power settings for the PS2 port"

Whatever that means. :)