Re: ata link not reset properly

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sat Jun 26 2010 - 00:07:33 EST

On 06/25/2010 12:00 PM, Ortwin Glück wrote:

On 25.06.2010 17:19, Tejun Heo wrote:
Patch attached, but please see below.

Cheers, I will give it a try and provide feedback if "it" happens again.

Is it PATA?

Yes. This chipset doesn't have SATA, only PATA.

Ahh, ok, it's not sata_nv at all then, it's pata_amd. On the same chip, totally different controller though.

PATA doesn't normally use hard-resets as a means of error recovery - that would mean hitting the RESET line, which I don't think most controllers can do on software command (it usually only gets asserted on power up or hitting the reset button), unlike on SATA where there's a defined way to trigger a COMRESET which is mostly equivalent. Also, that resets both devices on the channel, unlike soft reset which is specific to one device.

CONFIG_ATA=y
CONFIG_ATA_SFF=y
CONFIG_SATA_NV=y
CONFIG_PATA_AMD=y