Re: [git pull] drm fixes

From: Al Viro
Date: Mon Jun 07 2010 - 14:26:52 EST

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 11:00:51AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> So please. Just make me a tree that has regression fixes _only_. I'm not
> AT ALL interested in "it is useful to report the gpu temp". If it was so
> useful, and if it was ready before the merge window, it should hav gone in
> then. That clearly wasn't the case, so it's not going in now either.

Ho-hum... Speaking of which, what about leak fixes? There's a long-standing
in-core inode leak in jffs2; basically, if you fail directory modification
in symlink() et.al., you get a leaked inode and whinge at umount. Found
after -rc1, had been there since all the way back (similar bug in creat()
had been fixed in 2003, mkdir()/mknod()/symlink() were not). Fix sits in
jffs2-fixes now...

I can simply pull jffs2-fixes into vfs for-next (I need it in there for
->evict_inode() series), but I'd obviously prefer to just rebase it after
it gets into mainline.