broadsheetfb and fbcon

From: Robert Emanuele
Date: Sat Jun 05 2010 - 19:21:17 EST

Greetings lkml and Jaya,

I've been using the broadsheetfb graphics driver for a while now.
I've been trying to get it working with the fbcon console driver. Has
anyone had any success with that?

While it "works", its performance is unusable as a console. It
redraws the whole screen every new line, which may be acceptable. A
real issue is when it tries to scroll the screen, it redraws each line
partially and then does a full screen update with each partial line.
It seems the driver is capable from Jaya's video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bny6qyRDWw

Are those kind of updates a limit of the broadsheet driver or fbcon?
Or more hopefully, is there a configuration change to improve this?

Thanks for your help,

Rob