Re: mount namespace : who mounted what ?

From: Daniel Lezcano
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 06:14:16 EST

On 06/04/2010 06:01 AM, Al Viro wrote:
On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 10:04:13PM +0200, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering, in a new mount namespace, if it is possible to know
which mount points were inherited and which were mounted in a new
namespace ?

I looked at /proc/<pid>/mountinfo and investigated a bit on the
mount id, but this one is not reliable as it changes in the new
namespace. The /proc/<pid>/mounts file shows all the mount points
visible for the process inherited or not.
No more than "had it been this process that mmaped that area or was it
inherited from the parent?"

Ok, thanks.

I thought it may be interessting to add this information in the procfs (eg. /proc/<pid>/mountprivate) but wrt your remark that should have no sense as, to be consistent, we should do the same for all kind of inherited resources.