Re: suspend blockers & Android integration

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 05:54:23 EST

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 11:43 +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> I still believe containment is a cgroup problem. The freeze/snapshot/resume
> container folks seem to face many of the same problems. Including the
> pending timer one I suspect. Lets solve it there.

While talking to Thomas about this, we'd probably need a CLOCK_MONOTONIC
namespace to pull this off, so that resumed apps don't see the jump in
absolute time.

This would also help with locating the relevant timers, since they'd be
on the related timer base.

The only 'interesting' issue I can see here is that if you create 1000
CLOCK_MONOTONIC namepaces, we'd need to have a tree of trees in order to
efficiently find the leftmost timer.