Re: [GIT PULL] ARM MSM updates for 2.6.35-rc1

From: Vincent Sanders
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 05:21:10 EST

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 06:20:09PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

snip

> - TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND lines of arch/arm is just pure garbage, namely the
> defconfig files. Quite frankly, anybody who calls that anything but
> pure "noise" is just misguided and being stupid.

For some hard data which might be useful in arguments on this you
might want to reference

http://armlinux.simtec.co.uk/reports/kautobuild-5year-report.pdf
http://armlinux.simtec.co.uk/reports/kautobuild-5year-stats.ods

The written report is not complete as I had hoped to have an
announcement about the autobuilder fifth aniverasry soon. Perhaps this
will be useful in keeping some default configurations which give us
maximal coverage.

I provide this purely for information, I do not intend to upset you
futher on this subject, pretty please do not shoot the messenger ;-)

--
Regards Vincent