Re: ARM defconfig files

From: Felipe Balbi
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 01:20:34 EST

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 12:15:45AM +0200, ext Grant Likely wrote:
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [100603 23:30]:

and now you'd be able to basically generate a OMAP3EVM .config file by
just running "allnoconfig" on that Kconfig.omap3_evm file. But it would
only have to select the parts that are specific for the EVM platform,
because the generic OMAP3 support would be picked by the Kconfig.omap3
file, which in turn would not have to worry about the generic ARM parts
etc.

See?

Sounds like a good improvment to me.

(as one who just finishing updating powerpc defconfigs...) ditto here.
I'd be happy to be rid of all the existing ppc defconfigs.

I like the Kconfig approach, but to be useful (at least for me) there
would need to be a way to get Kconfig to complain about things like
broken selects as in your example.

Still selects needs to be improved so we have a 'select_module' option that would make that driver a module instead of built-in.

--
balbi

DefectiveByDesign.org