Re: What computer do Linus and other prominent kernel developershave?

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 15:33:24 EST

Fred . wrote:
What exact computer hardware components do Linus Torvalds have in his
computer system?
Also other prominent kernel developers like Alan Cox, etc.

If want to buy same motherboard, CPU, GPU, HDD, etc.

I suspect that developers are unlikely to be running any hardware you can duplicate, and if they are anything like me they will change hardware regularly for one reason or another, to test something, have fun using something, or because some part of a system was redeployed.

That way, I know there wont be any problems running Linux, because if
I have that problem,
then he will also have that problem.
If he have that problem, he will surely fix it.

Wouldn't bet on that, either, usage controls which bugs you see to some extent. Get something common.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>